Friday, October 31, 2008

Life is Good Again


Well, life is still crazy but it is good again. We are out of danger and I can stop and smell the diapers again. MMMM smells good in here!!

I sent everyone an email update but I have not had time to post an update because the girls have been playing sick for the last two weeks. All five have had a fever and they have been taking turns at it. One would be sick for 2 or 3 days and then the next one would take their turn. With five of them that means about two weeks worth of fevers. It is over and now we just have runny noses!!

Well, we have been paying off the medical debt and we are finally out of danger. The nursing firm is payed off and even some of the smaller medical bills. We bought Kelly a bumbo baby feeding chair and I am going to order her a creepster crawler today. So, thanks to you guys, life is good here again. Thank you all for your prayers and for your donations. This was a terrible time in our lives and now it is over. I received so many wonderful, heartfelt donations of all sizes. Each one was special and appreciated. Very, very much. I hope now that I can get our lives back on track and start living like a normal family.

We are thinking about starting an online business of some sort. Maybe selling smaller special needs equipment here in Germany. There are many items from America that would be a benefit to the special needs kids here. It is amazing just what we do NOT have here in Germany. We also need to find a way to earn more money so that we can assure that Kelly receives all the therapy that she needs. We have to face the fact that insurance companies are just out there to make money (I quote my brother Jerry here) and they are not going to pay for everything. There will be more surgeries and things they do not completely cover. Michael and I want to find a way to get ahead of the game so that we can provide all the children with what they need and never be in the situation where we are afraid of losing the house.

But, at the moment, Life is Good again. We are still wearing cloth diapers. I am still counting my pennies carefully. BUT we are actually able to stop and enjoy and smell those diapers.
Janette

2 comments:

Justinich Family said...

Sorry to hear about the girls being sick, but I am very glad to hear that things are going better with all of your financial worries. I hope that you can find a way to make some extra money. Let me know if you do.
Stacy from CP moms

Anonymous said...

Hy, I am a french mother. One of my twins is disabled; IMC like your little star. I happy for you all that everything is going pretty well for you at the moment. I know how hard it can be sometimes.
My sons are nearly 8 years old in december and may be you can give us some detail about the nf walker that your girl got. We ask a belguim company to buy one from them and they don't make a move since six month now.From where did you had your? I speak english and don't bother to go abroad to buy it.
Give a kiss to all your lovely girls at home
christèle
thanks for answering