Friday, March 28, 2008

Beginnings

Well, I have decided to take the Blogging plung. Since this last pregnancy has made me a part-time bed rest prisoner, I have had more than enough computer time to read other blogs and discover how valuable they can be. I decided that this might be a good thing to do for many reasons which include keeping up with family and friends in America and reaching out to others who are dealing with a child who has cerebral palsy.
Those of you that know me personally, know that I lost my mom a few days after daughter number two, Katja, was born in 2005. It was a real shock to us and really difficult for me to deal with. I think I have missed her even more profoundly since I gave birth 10 weeks prematurely to my twin daughters, Kelly and Sabrina in 2006. My mom had suffered a few serious health problems in her last few years but she always kept a positive and cheery outlook. She had a saying, "You gotta play the hand you were dealt." I have been thinking about her and about the cards I have been dealt a bunch over the last year with the twins. Kelly was finally given the lable of CP in December. That was one heck of a card to be dealt. I am learning how to play this game of poker every day. Kelly is much like my mom was. She is always positive, good natured and a happy baby. My mom would have been so proud. I am glad I have the opportunity to share her and my other lovely daughters with you on this blog.

1 comment:

Jacolyn said...

Welcome to the blogging world and can be so cathartic.